17 Facts About The United States
The United States of America is the world’s most powerful country, a superpower that influences the world in every way and below we would like to share with you some interesting facts about the United States.
17 Very Interesting Facts About The United States of America
1. The United States is a country made up of 50 states. Each state abides by federal rules, but they all their own internal rules, regulations and a flag – each fully capable of acting as an independent country.
2. The US broke up with the United Kingdom to become an independent country on July 4, 1776.
3. The United States has a population of just over 328,239,523. It is also the 3rd largest country in the world.
4. The country’s currency is the USD – one of the most powerful currencies in the world. The USD is the world’s reserve currency, making it the most important currency in the world.
5. The US has the largest economy in the world with a GDP of 22 trillion dollars.
6. The annual average income in the US is $67,426.
7. The Motto of the US is “In God We Trust”.
8. The stars on the US flag represent the 50 states.
9. The country’s national capital city is Washington D.C.
10. The largest city in the United States is New York City, and the second largest is Los Angeles.
11. The national language is English, and Spanish is widely spoken in the state of Florida.
12. The federal reserve is the USA’s central bank, even though it is privately owned.
13. The US has the most powerful military in the world. Annual military budget is over 730 billion dollars, larger than the next 10 countries combined.
14. The United States is blessed with an abundance of natural wonders.
15. The US is home to the fourth longest river system in the world.
16. The United States located between Canada and Mexico.
17. The US has a very healthy relationship with both its neighbours.