12 Facts About The United Kingdom
The United Kingdom is one of the greatest countries in world history. The United Kingdom Empire used to own at least 25 of the entire world. It had dominion over many countries. Today, the country still remains very powerful, and has tremendous influence internationally. Discover more with these interesting facts about the united kingdom below. The country’s closest ally is the United States.
12 Facts About The United Kingdom For You
1. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland or just the United Kingdom (UK) is a country made up of 4 individual countries: England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Island. The largest and most powerful of the 4 is England.
2. The capital city of the United Kingdom is London, and London is the largest city in the nation.
3. The country’s national anthem is “God Save the Queen”.
4. The country is very historic – it is one of the oldest countries in the world, since the times of the Roman Empire.
5. As far as ethnicity is concerned, the UK is overwhelmingly white, with the white majority being 87.1%.
6. The official language is English.
7. Speaking of the Queen, Queen Elizabeth II is the head of State of not just the United Kingdom, but of countries such as Canada, Australia, New Zealand and all the commonwealth countries. Even though she is the head of state, she is not involved in any government decision making. That role is reserved for the prime minister and the government.
8. Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson or as he is commonly known “Boris Johnson” is the current prime minister of the United Kingdom.
9. Tea is very common in the UK – people drink tea at all times during the day.
10. The countries’ currency is the British Pounds, one of the most valuable and powerful currencies in the world.
11. As of 2020, the country has a population of over 67,886,004.
12. It is one of the richest countries in the world.